The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharing Additional IP Addresses

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by T3Kaos, Apr 26, 2012.

1. T3Kaos

T3Kaos Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have my main IP address (xxx.xxx.xxx.146) allocated as a shared root IP address. However I have 2 additional IP (xxx.xxx.xxx.147 and xxx.xxx.xxx.149) addresses which I would like to be able to provide as shared IP addresses, thereby alleviating load on my core IP. I cannot see where I can do this?

Any ideas?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

It's currently only possible to have multiple shared IP addresses by delegating the additional IP addresses to reseller accounts. You could then change ownership of specific accounts to those resellers in order to assign those accounts the secondary IP addresses. A feature request for the ability to have multiple shared IP addresses can be found at:

Multiple Shared IPs

Thank you.

3. T3Kaos

T3Kaos Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have been a long time user of Parallels Control Panel and we've had the ability to share more than IP address for ages. For example say that you have 10 IP addresses and you want to provide 5 as dedicated for games servers or additional domains etc the other 5 can be categorised as shared within the control panel interface.

I am a newcomer to CPanel and I am by and large mightily impressed by its abilities and flexibility however I am shocked by its inability to handle such a seemingly basic task as sharing more than 1 IP address, especially considering that this is a feature that the competition has already nailed - know what I mean?

Apart from that awesome software!

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The feature does exist as stated for reseller accounts to share IPs, though, so you can still achieve what you need. In fact, by delegating the extra shared IPs to reseller accounts, you'll even be able to manage which users go onto which IP and track them more easily, since those on IP#2 could be resell2 and those on IP#3 could be resell3 and so on.

5. T3Kaos

T3Kaos Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am aware of this 'work-around' however it is literally that. A 'word-around', not an absolute solution. This method just feels so ham fisted in comparison to the way demonstrated on PCP10.4.4 which allows the control and allocation of shared IP's potentially more easily than its counterpart, the irstwhile CP11.3.2.

Can we please have this as a feature on the next release?

Thanks for the assisrtance everyone!

6. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This feature request has been submitted to our developers, however there is currently no time frame available on if or when it will be implemented. You can stay updated on the following thread in the feature request forum:

[Case 45896] Multiple Shared IP Addresses

Thank you.