Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Shell Fork Bomb Protection - Exceptions?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Monotoko, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Monotoko

Monotoko Member

Hi Guys,

I have a user that runs a Minecraft server. This is a java file that has quite a high memory requirement, and when "Shell Fork Bomb Protection" is switched on it will not let me run the file under the user.

I would like the protection on for all accounts except the "minecraft" user, is this possible?

Daniel

2. MattLee

MattLee BANNED

Hello,

Unfortunately, this option is only a global setting and our interface doesn't allow any exceptions to the rule once enabled.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    While this cannot be done via the interface, it may be possible to revise using the limits set into /etc/profile location, which are the entries added by Shell Fork Bomb Protection:

You could revise to add another user in the section where it has the if-else clauses to set the root and non-root user ulimits. You might also want to set the user's settings in /etc/security/limits.conf file.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...