The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shopify DNS settings?

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by shahbaz101, May 4, 2017.

1. shahbaz101

shahbaz101 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi All
    i need help . issue details are as below

I registered domain at Go daddy , but hosted on a local service provider He gave me C panel to user and configure any email changes . I was using domain only for business emails.

Now i started creating website using shopify. I open c panel and made changes in existing A record ( previously pointing to my mail server) and C name pointing to my domain.

Then i check shopify it was working perfect. one day passed and my emails stopped working. and i couldnt open my cpanel also like " WWW.mydomain.net/cpanel.

i m confused what settings to make in my go daddy domain settings and what to make in my cpanel to work both my website routed from shopify to my domain and also my business email work.
    help please

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

As I understand, you modified the "A" record for your domain name to an IP address associated with another server. Thus, URLs such as /cpanel will not work with your domain name because the remote server does not run cPanel. Additionally, since the default MX records use "domain.tld", that stopped working when you modified the "A" record.

To correct the issue, edit the DNS zone for this domain name again and change the "mail" subdomain's record to an "A" record resolving to the IP address of the cPanel server. Then, update the "MX" record in the zone so that it points to "mail.yourdomain.tld.". This will allow email to function as it did before. As for cPanel access, you should be able to use "cpanel.yourdomain.tld" to access cPanel.

Thank you.

3. mikecjr304

mikecjr304 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi All, new here. I also connected my domain to shopify and followed the instructions but have also lost the ability to receive emails. I've updated the mx record in the zone to mail.mydomain.com and still don't seem to be receiving emails. Some emails are being sent, but i'm not receiving anything. Below are pictures.

- Removed -

Whoops, the photos didn't work. Let's try again:

Attached Files:

#3 mikecjr304, May 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2017
  4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Check to ensure the "A" record for "mail.yourdomain.tld" resolves to the cPanel server's IP address.

Thank you.