ES - George

PartnerNOC
Jun 12, 2011
UK
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Hi,

So I was just wondering what modules you think I should have installed or which should I uninstall? I run a hosting business and offer Shared and Reseller Hosting. So it's a hosting environment. Multiple sites hosted (40+).

Options are:

Frontpage
Mod SuPHP
EAccelerator for PHP
IonCube Loader for PHP
Mod Bandwidth

Tomcat
Mod Mono (.Net 1.x)
Mod Mono (.Net 2.x)
Mod Perl
Mod Qos
Mod Security
Suhosin for PHP

SourceGuardian Loader for PHP
Xcache for PHP
Zend Optimizer/Guard Loader for PHP

Red = Installed already.

Thanks.

cPanelTristan

Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Oct 2, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Which PHP handler are you using? If you are using suPHP, then eAccelerator will not work with suPHP, since no OPCode caching works for suPHP. If you are using DSO (mod_php) or FCGI, then you would want to keep eAccelerator installed and also possibly add xCache.

As for those you should pick, you might also consider Zend Optimizer/Guard Loader for PHP. Unless you require it, I wouldn't suggest adding Tomcat, mod_mono, or mod_perl. Not having FrontPage also is ideal unless your customers require it.

ES - George

PartnerNOC
Jun 12, 2011
UK
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Which PHP handler are you using? If you are using suPHP, then eAccelerator will not work with suPHP, since no OPCode caching works for suPHP. If you are using DSO (mod_php) or FCGI, then you would want to keep eAccelerator installed and also possibly add xCache.

As for those you should pick, you might also consider Zend Optimizer/Guard Loader for PHP. Unless you require it, I wouldn't suggest adding Tomcat, mod_mono, or mod_perl. Not having FrontPage also is ideal unless your customers require it.

Option Configured Value
Default PHP Version (.php files) 5
PHP 5 Handler suphp
PHP 4 Handler none
Apache suEXEC on

Those are the current values

cPanelTristan

Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Oct 2, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Then there's no reason to have eAccelerator added nor to ever add xCache. You cannot use caching with suPHP.