The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Short username? Problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by justhost, Jan 4, 2005.

1. justhost

justhost Well-Known Member

Hello

I am having serious problems with one of my Linux Boxes. It is running RH 9. Does WHM and CPanel have a problem with short usernames? For example, Earlier I changed the username for an existing domain from username to use (ie 8 chars to 3 chars) and all hell broke loose on my system. It essentially went down for over an hour. Now once we performed a file systmem check all was better. So then I just created a new domain and used a 3 characted username and now bingo ... same problem.

Why would this be causing so much grief?

2. fikse

fikse Well-Known Member

a filesystem check and short usernames sound totally unrelated.... i've never heard of such issues.... you can add 4 letter usernames just fine?

3. justhost

justhost Well-Known Member

What would typically cause the system to have to do a file system check on reboot?

4. fikse

fikse Well-Known Member

well.... if your server hard crashed, or cold booted (lost power) it would do a filesystem check.... did your filesystem check report any errors or have to fix anything?