Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Should I charge for excess resource usage?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by awsol, May 2, 2002.

1. awsol

awsol cPanel Test Bitch

I have a few clients that use good amounts of system resources. For example I have this one guy who right now is at.

gelerbiz geler.biz 0.01 14.45 0.0

14.45% of memory is alot. I know some companies charge for anything over 5%. Can some of you tell me how you charge and if you do how much etc.

2. Craig

Craig Well-Known Member

We usually charge more or basically ask them to upgrade plans if they are using more resoruces.
    For example, we had a search engine that was hosted by us (just a small one) however we felt that it was using too much resources for the plan it was on - so said to them its not fair the money that your paying to the resources that your using. Even though they were well withing their bandwidth and space.

As i said, we thought they were paying too little for what they were getting - and they upgraded to a larger plan.

From a 10/month plan to 30/month.

Craig.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. awsol

awsol cPanel Test Bitch

So just do it on a case per case basis and don't have a policy on it. I just don't want customers using all kinds of resources. I think a policy is needed though to protect me. I can't just one day say your using to many resources you have to upgrade. I have to have a set amount of resource usage before they are in need of an upgrade.