The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shoutcast Server Prob

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daemon1, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Daemon1

Daemon1 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2003
    Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could help me with an error I am getting within shoutcast on linux... When the stream is playing, I get the following message repeatidly appearing the the shell window;

mpg123: Can't rewind stream by 947 bits!

And the mp3s seem to skip to the next one when this occurs... Does anyone know the reason for this error and how to fix it? Also, how do you assign a shoutcast server to use a single domain instead of the IP... i.e say a vhost customer wants a server, how do I make it so he can access it via

Thanks for your help with this ppl, appreciate it!

2. Limedrink

Limedrink Member

Dec 30, 2003
    Hey Daemon1,

By default, ShoutCast will listen to your specified port on all of the IP addresses that are assigned to the server, but in your ShoutCast configuration you can specify which IP address the ShoutCast server will listen on. If you give a dedicated IP address to your client that would want a ShoutCast server, and configure the ShoutCast server to listen on that dedicated IP address, than his domain (which is the only one on the IP address) will be the only one that will be able to access the port.

What you can also do is run multiple instances of the server on a different port, allowing you to have more than one ShoutCast server hosted on the same IP address, but the problem with that is the port will be bound on all of the domains.

Hope that helps.