The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Show Disk Space Used' for emails?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by jez9999, Jan 18, 2008.

1. jez9999

jez9999 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how cPanel calculates the disk space used for each account when you click the 'Show Disk Space Used' option in Mail Account Maintenance? I recently transferred some e-mail accounts from one user to another, and just copied their maildirs and fixed the permissions. I can access the e-mails and it all works except the Mail Account Maintenance, where Show Disk Space Used just shows 0.00MB for each account even if they have mail in them.

2. HD-Sam

HD-Sam Active Member
    PartnerNOC

Make sure the files are owned by the user inside the user's mail directory. Also, I've noticed sometimes it takes awhile for cpanel to update the quota.

3. jez9999

I had made sure the files were owned by the correct user. This morning, it is showing the correct values now, so I guess you were right, it takes a while to update. No ides why though :)

4. HD-Sam

HD-Sam Active Member
    PartnerNOC

i'm not 100% sure, but I think the bandwidth and disk usage quotas are all updated after the daily log/stats are run.

5. jez9999

Pretty pointless; given how rarely that is looked at, the code ought to just to a live 'du' to determine the disk space used.