Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Sign generated bounce messages

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by whmuser714, Sep 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. whmuser714

whmuser714 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Dear community and support team,

I'm sorry if the question was already asked - I coudn't find it. Recently, I've implemented DMARC to analyze aggregate reports from prominent ESPs. I've found that exim doesn't sign outgoing locally generated bounce messages, as I result them don't pass authentication on receiving sides. Is it a limitation or default configuration? I've already searched the web, but could get any details. Many thanks in advance!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @whmuser714,

Enabling DKIM for the server's hostname will generally address the issue you are reporting, if I understand it correctly. This is normally possible using the instructions on the following thread:

DKIM for main server hostname

However, internal case CPANEL-20425 is currently open to address an issue where the above workaround is no longer valid as of cPanel & WHM version 70. I'll update the above thread once a solution is published.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    whmuser714 likes this.
  3. whmuser714

whmuser714 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi cPanelMichael,

Thank you very much for the information. I will track for any updates in the thread you provided.

cPanelMichael likes this.