The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

signup.cgi

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by igoramburg, Jan 6, 2002.

1. igoramburg

igoramburg Registered

Any one know how the signup.cgi script works for cpanel, or any other automated account set-up scripts.

Thanks

2. sbrad

sbrad Well-Known Member

[quote:74ec735fea]
    A howto for using signup.cgi will be avalible shortly, please do not inquire about it.
    [/quote:74ec735fea]
    All I know is, when I click on it this is what I get. So I\'m not gonna ask. :)

3. wadearnold

wadearnold Well-Known Member

wwwact or signup.cgi

I was looking into just coding at the wwwact script. The main reason that I am going this route is because I can see the methods that I can call against. Is there even a chance that we could get a list of the perl methods and what they accept and return in the signup.cgi? Has anyone been able to code to the signup cgi? The WHM system calls against wwwact for creating acconts. Let me know if you know more.
    cheers

4. indiboi

indiboi Well-Known Member

lol, the message about it being available shortly has been there for more than a year ;)

5. shaun

shaun Well-Known Member

well from what it looks like if you code to use wwwact then when you use it, it will create the account right away on your system. But if you use the signup.cgi script it looks like maybe it throw\'s it in a queue waiting for authorization from a Admin.

My advice, Dont automate signups from directly from your website with out authorization from a admin. The reason is that you will get alot of stolen credit cards being used and it\'s going to hurt you more than help. I beleive this is why the signup script uses a queue like system. JMO