The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SIGUSR1 received. Doing graceful restart

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ejoa, Sep 6, 2002.

1. ejoa

ejoa Member

Hello everyone,

I am a new user of cPanel since it is one of the leading control panels in the webhosting industry today. However, I keep coming across this annoying error and makes apache restart every 10 minutes. I have read all over the forum and I see this problem mentioned but no real solution for it yet. I am guessing this error is caused by cPanel's installation since before that everything was working smoothly.

So I am posting this thread again, reminding the cPanel developers that this issue is still not resolved.

SIGUSR1 received. Doing graceful restart (every 10 minutes)

If anyone has found out any working solution, please do not hesitate to reply.

Thanks in advance,

Ji

P.S. Everyone else having this problem please reply to this thread so that we can succesfully bring the issue up to cPanel developers.

2. nitromax

nitromax Well-Known Member

I am having this problem too and am wondering why there is no solution posted yet. This problem seems to have started about 2 and half months ago.

Somebody HELP!!!

3. cyberlin

cyberlin Registered

Cpanel 5.0

Still having the same problem... Please HELP!

4. cyberlin

cyberlin Registered

Cpanel 5.0

Still having the same problem... Please HELP!

5. Craig

Craig Well-Known Member

this was answered in another thread.. press the search button at the top :)

Craig

6. Elena

Elena Well-Known Member

The answer was less than satisfactory if I can remember correctly... cpanel has to do this restart in order for stats to work properly. It is such a pain.. having to remove the error log at least twice everyday since it fills up pretty quickly... even moreso since cpanel decides it needs to place unnecessary information in httpd.conf and have to clean that out at least every 2 weeks. :(

Also.. the search function here really REALLY needs improvement. You do a search for something and it brings up everything except what you are looking for. *grumbles* oh boy, I'm having a bad day.. ;)