Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SIGUSR1 restarts, how to find out who ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tipsterbaine, Feb 29, 2004.

1. tipsterbaine

tipsterbaine Member

Just installed mmcache. Since then apache has been gracefully restarting using a SIGUSR1 at irregular intervals.

These are the error_log lines;
    [Sun Feb 29 15:54:49 2004] [notice] SIGUSR1 received. Doing graceful restart
    [Sun Feb 29 15:54:49 2004] [notice] Apache configured -- resuming normal operations
    [Sun Feb 29 15:54:49 2004] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper: /usr/local/apache/bin/suexec)
    [Sun Feb 29 15:54:49 2004] [notice] Accept mutex: sysvsem (Default: sysvsem)

How would one go about tracking down exactly which process raised the SIGUSR1 ?

Many Thanks.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

I see these too. I've not done too much investigation into it yet, but I've been assuming that it's a cPanel process doing it.

However, I'm not aware of anything running that would prompt it (e.g. subdomain creation).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wojjie

Wojjie Member

That is most likely CPanel that is doing a 'graceful' restart after a configuration change to Apache.