The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simple CGI Wrapper causes the problem?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by virtualreality, Sep 12, 2009.

1. virtualreality

virtualreality Well-Known Member

Hi cPanel Support and Friends here,

I happened to click Simple CGI Wrapper link in CGI Center on my cPanel (cPanel 11.24.5-S38506 - WHM 11.24.2 - X 3.9). The server and web server (Apache) have restarted several times. Then, I've found some SSL functions disappeared on my site powered with a third-party Php script that is running on my MySQL database. I guess the single-click enabled Simple CGI Wrapper has caused the SSL problem??

I've found the one-click enabling Simple CGI Wrapper link is the one way thing, only turning on the Simple CGI Wrapper. However, on the interface, there is not a way to turn off the Simple CGI Wrapper.

How to turn off the Simple CGI Wrapper harmlessly (resume all the related instances back to the original status)?

Many thanks for your guide!

virtualreality

#1 virtualreality, Sep 12, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  2. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

You can try to remove 'scgi-bin' from the account space, if a 'scgi-bin' was created.

3. virtualreality

Thanks thewebhosting for your help!

4. virtualreality

If removing 'scgi-bin' in the cPanel File Manager to simply turn off the Simple CGI Wrapper that was accidentally clicked to enable, are there any negative effects on the server system and on the websites based on the server?

Any help, tip and suggestion are highly appreciated!

Especially, I am looking forward to hearing from the official cPanel Support Team for the concern about the Simple CGI Wrapper since it has been built by cPanel. Thanks!

virtualreality