The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simple DNS Zone

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Hugo Andrade Filho, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Hugo Andrade Filho

Hugo Andrade Filho Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

I have WHM 11.50.0 installed on my Linode VPS. The reverse name to this VPS is equix-cpanel-01.domain.com.br. I have hosted domain www.domain.com.br and I'm trying add at Simple Zone Editor a A record named jericoacoara.domain.com.br to the same IP and it's not working.

I understand that for this to work I have to add my server (equix-cpanel-01.domain.com.br) with nameserver enabled at my domain registrar. Let I try explain what I did.

Linode provide DNS Manager, so I registered my domain www.domain.com.br there and add to my domain registrar ns1.linode.com and ns2.linode.com and equix-cpanel-01.domain.com.br.

Everything works fine at first moment, but after 3 or 4 days my domain registrar show for my server (equix-cpanel-01.domain.com.br) NOT SYNC ZONE message and my A record added at Simple Zone Editor does not work.

What I have to do for this works fine?

Best regards,

#1 Hugo Andrade Filho, Jul 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2015
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Could you clarify how you have configured your name servers? For instance, is the DNS hosted on a remote server, or is it handled by the cPanel server? Do all of your name servers use IP addresses associated with your cPanel server?

Thank you.