Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Simple DNS Zone

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by Hugo Andrade Filho, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Hugo Andrade Filho

Hugo Andrade Filho Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

I have WHM 11.50.0 installed on my Linode VPS. The reverse name to this VPS is equix-cpanel-01.domain.com.br. I have hosted domain www.domain.com.br and I'm trying add at Simple Zone Editor a A record named jericoacoara.domain.com.br to the same IP and it's not working.

I understand that for this to work I have to add my server (equix-cpanel-01.domain.com.br) with nameserver enabled at my domain registrar. Let I try explain what I did.

Linode provide DNS Manager, so I registered my domain www.domain.com.br there and add to my domain registrar ns1.linode.com and ns2.linode.com and equix-cpanel-01.domain.com.br.

Everything works fine at first moment, but after 3 or 4 days my domain registrar show for my server (equix-cpanel-01.domain.com.br) NOT SYNC ZONE message and my A record added at Simple Zone Editor does not work.

What I have to do for this works fine?

Best regards,

#1 Hugo Andrade Filho, Jul 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2015
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Could you clarify how you have configured your name servers? For instance, is the DNS hosted on a remote server, or is it handled by the cPanel server? Do all of your name servers use IP addresses associated with your cPanel server?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...