The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simple Guestbook - How not to have email address revealed in Guestbook

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by angels, Jan 6, 2008.

1. angels

angels Registered

Hi there. I've got the guestbook working just fine, however issues around confidentiality of those filling it in about not having their email address show up in the guestbook that everyone can view.

Is there a way that even tho email is a required field that the email address does not show up, but all the other fields, name, comments, etc. do?

Thanks

2. Rickvz

Rickvz Well-Known Member

You would have to edit the guestbook.cgi file which is not accessible unless you have root access to the server. I would suggest using a different Guestbook program if you want to have more control over the fields. The simple guestbook is prone to lots of spamming, in my experience.

3. angels

angels Registered

thanks for the speedy reply. I suspected that would be the answer and of course, I don't have access to the server.

I have next to no experience with writing my own cgi scripts so will have to search around for something that will fit the bill. thanks again.