The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simple Question : Backup and restore

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by adihar, Sep 24, 2003.

1. adihar

adihar Registered

Apr 1, 2002

This had been discussed before but I'm still confuse. ANy one please help me.

I'm moving an account from one server to another. This account has mysql (phpnuke) and subdomain.

1. First, Full backup using cpanel. So I get backup-9.24.2003_05-15-50_username.tar.gz in my pc

2. Then download all Aliases and Filters

3. Then Download a SQL Database Backup. This one I was wondering why just downloaded 100+kb even my database size more than 7MB

4. Then I create the exact account on the new server.

5. Then, should I use the Restore a Home Backup in the cp? I read in the forum it is not advisable. The backup is nearly 100MB

6. According to some posts, I should upload the backup (tar file) into home directory then untar it

7. Then "backup-9.24.2003_05-15-50_username" directory will be created with all the files in it

8. Then rename "backup-9.24.2003_05-15-50_username" to "cpmove-username".

9. Then, run /scripts/restorepkg username
    This one how? Where to run? Details please.

10. Will all the database, subdomain, email be restored?

This refer to:

Thank you very much. Support Ticket Number: Support Ticket Number:
  2. mickeymouse

mickeymouse Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2003
    Dear adihar,

Yes,all the databases,emails and subdomains can be restored. /scripts/restorepkg have nothing to do with account transfer restoration. For transferring your account,you can contact your hosting service provider he can do a automatic backup using Account Transfer function in WHM. Everything will be tared and placed in your new server,you can untar it and access your site.

Regards, Support Ticket Number: