The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simple question regarding reseller accounts...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cheval, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Cheval

Cheval Registered

I need to setup a reseller account for a customer on my cpanel dedicated server. I've never done this before, excuse the stupid question just making sure I do this right.

Right now his regular hosting account has a 8GB transfer with 500MB disk space. I want to give him reseller privileges so that he can host 10 domains under this package. The reason I'm not giving him addon domains is because he wants a seperate control panel for each domain. So I turned his regular account into a resller account instead.

I only want him to be able to host 10 websites so I specified a 10 domain limit to his reseller account and selected what features he's allowed to use. Is that all I need to do? So when he adds his extra domains in his WHM all the domains will automatically share the 8GB transfer and 500MB disk space limit right? Or do I have to specify that somewhere? I do *not* want each domain to have 8GB tranfser and 500MB disk space... all domains combined must share that one limit.

And what would be the URL to his WHM? I created a test resller account but don't know how to find out the WHT URL so I can login and check it out...

:confused:

#1 Cheval, Jan 19, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2005
  2. projectandrew

projectandrew Well-Known Member

The WHM is standard for root & all resellers, ie yourdomain.com/whm or yourdomain.com/securewhm to connect via ssl.