The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simple transfer. Need help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jamescarvin, Mar 12, 2008.

1. jamescarvin

jamescarvin Member

I need to get away from my old web host. I have a bunch of files there and will be transferring everything to hostican, or I thought I was going to until I realized there is nobody I can talk to live around here so it will take forever to solve my problems. This cPanel is unfamiliar to me. And I saw something in a support file for a WMH panel, which I can't find anywhere.

I'm usually pretty quick to catch on but I've spent several hours on this site looking for answers.

Looks like I have to pay for phone support here. I guess I came to the wrong alternative. I need a human being to help me transfer my files and get me familiar with cPanel. My email is also all screwed up. I am extremely frustrated. Please tell me I didn't waste my money with hostican.

OK. I've got eight domains. For some reason they all disappeared tonight. The old host says it was a billing problem. I can't contact them until the morning, which means the sites will all be down at least through the night.

Possibly, they are down because a week ago when I paid for hostican I initiated a domain transfer request. But I haven't received any notice from either hostican or my old host that that was the case. It's just a theory as to why my site went down.

Either way, if they had transferred me, you'd think I could see my web site. I did transfer the files over and there is an index.html file. But what I have at the IP is the standard hostican page, not my page.

This was supposed to be really easy. All I need to do at this point is move everything over. Can somebody please help?!

2. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

i know this doesn't help ..but you may be getting what you paid for. But as far as cPanel control panel software is concerned you can't get any better. If you would like some one and one help you can PM me. It's 5am and I am going down for a nap and will be back at 8am or so. But I will be glad to help you and explain to you how cPanel based hosting works. I hate to see people get stuck with no where to turn so I would like to try to help you.

3. jamescarvin

jamescarvin Member

Thanks!

I actually enjoy forum communication, so long as it is active. It isn't the fastest way to get problems solved but can work. I'll take you up on your PM offer. My old host opens its office at 9am PST, and I'm on EST so I'll get with you later this afternoon, once I figure out what billing problem they say it is that caused them to yank my sites.