The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simple WHM Theme

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marty, Sep 25, 2002.

1. Marty

Marty Well-Known Member

Is this theme not going to be kept updated? On my box, I am missing the Tweak Settings and Modify WHM/cpanel News links. Maybe others.

Is this true for everybody else, or is it just my box?

2. haze

haze Well-Known Member

Do you have your updates set to never or manual? if its set to manuall do a ./scripts/upcp to get the latest build. If its set to any of the above, thats what your problem is.

3. Marty

Marty Well-Known Member

Auto! I am on build 123

4. bmcpanel

bmcpanel Well-Known Member

Updating CPanel has not updated the new Simple theme. I don't think Nick has put the update in Cpanel yet.

You can update the theme manually.

[i:98085db06f]Easy to install, login to your server via shell and run the following command [/i:98085db06f]

cd /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes

[i:98085db06f]and then, retrieve the gzip file[/i:98085db06f]

wget http://whmcas.cascompany.com/simpleCP/simpleCP_1.4.5.0-108.tar.gz

[i:98085db06f]Now, unzip the file[/i:98085db06f]
    gunzip simpleCP_1.4.5.0-108.tar.gz
    tar -xf simpleCP_1.4.5.0-108.tar

The new folder &simple& with the updated version will overwrite the existing theme. The new theme has the WHM News update and other updates.

Thanks to Cass for the theme.

5. haze

haze Well-Known Member

Oh, my bad. I didn't know you were using a skin. Yeah, as above, the skin is the responsiblity of the skin developers, and not cpanel. There is a feature that will update the skin for you, but if cpanel don't have the latest skin, then your out of luck.

6. Marty

Marty Well-Known Member

That is my point. The developers do have the latest skin, and the Simple WHM theme is included with cpanel as and Addon WHM theme, just like bluelagoon. I have submitted a support ticket, only to have the ticket closed saying it was resolved, when it is not, or if it has been, my box is not updating. That is why I am here. If anybody has installed the addon Simple WHM theme via WHM's addon themes, I would like to know if theirs is up to date. I know how to update it manually, but if cpanel is going to include a theme with cpanel, bundled in the package, I would think it would be kept up to date, just like the bluelagoon cpanel skin.