Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SimpleScripts | Installation and CPanel integration how to?

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by wolfsden3, Aug 19, 2009.

1. wolfsden3

wolfsden3 Member

Does anyone know of a "How To" to get freaking simplescripts to install in CPanel? As a host I'd like to install it so all new hosting accounts can see it in their control panel. I checked out simplescripts website but there are just a few PHP diddies and that's about it. It's somewhat frustrating as they tell you to take a hike because they don't offer tech support. What software company doesn't offer tech support or at LEAST have a forum of some sort?

I can't find any information on simplescripts CPanel integration from the hosting perspective.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. titan001

titan001 Registered

Not too hard...

Luckily it wasn't that hard, and once it's done, it works great.

They have a "cpanel developer kit" that has the instructions and the pre-made cpanel plugin file.

https://www.simplescripts.com/vault/download/simplescripts_cpanel.tgz

The readme.txt file has the instructions (direct copy)

REQUIREMENTS:
    1. Root Access
    2. Knowledge of cPanel variables to pass through to api including: Server IP, FTP login information (host, user, pass), Client Domain and Email, and a host-wide unique client id (username, email address, or account number)

STEPS:
    1. Upload simplescripts_cpanel_install.sh anywhere on your server. (available within http://www.simplescripts.com/vault/download/simplescripts_cpanel.tgz)
    2. Login/switch to root user. ('su' or 'sudo su')
    3. Chmod 0755 simplescripts_cpanel_install.sh. (chmod 0755 simplescripts_cpanel_install.sh)
    4. Run simplescripts_cpanel_install.sh. (/bin/sh simplescripts_cpanel_install.sh)
    5. Edit /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x/simplescripts.php and insert your own variable names in the array $my_request. More info in the file.
    6. Try it out. The icon is now in the cpanel, and requests are live.

Hope that helps!

3. Jamesmaps

Jamesmaps Member

4. wolfsden3

wolfsden3 Member

Dude - I'm SOLD!

Dude,

Softaculous looks...well...SOFTACULOUS! I'm going to toss that in and see what happens. Thanks so much for the help and I'll post back on what I find.