The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Simultaneous" emails to pipe

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by chrismec, Sep 16, 2012.

1. chrismec

chrismec Registered

Nov 4, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello all!

Please pardon my ignorance on this subject. I am setting up a php script for handling an email. In the handling of this email a mysql database will be accessed. Lets say multiple emails come in at the same time. Will cpanel open a new instance of the script for each email? If it does open a new instance for each email, is mysql capable of handling multiple simultaneous connections to the same database?

Assuming a new instance of the script is opened for each pipe and mysql has no problem handling multiple connections to the same db, I am guessing that concurrency will be my greatest obstacle while accessing the db.

Thanks for any advice you all can give : )
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

MySQL can handle multiple connections to the same database. The default limit is "151" connections in MySQL 5.1 and MySQL 5.5. This MySQL documentation page may be useful to you:

MySQL Max Connections

Also, I highly suggest consulting with the support for the PHP script you are using because they will be able to better answer questions about the script itself.

Thank you.