The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Site dedicated to anti bot and anti hack techniques - wanted to share

Discussion in 'Security' started by durangod, Sep 12, 2014.

1. durangod

durangod Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    When it comes to spam bots and hackers, there is no perfect science to totally protecting yourself. You can do everything possible and still have issues. However there are some things you can do to make your life and the lifes of your clients easier and improve their chances and the chances that your server will be safer than maybe the next persons.

I am also new to cPanel WHM as an admin but as i learn i figured why not share some information with others. So i made a new site

there are no revenues, nothing to buy, no affiliate stuff, absolutely no income is generated from this site. Its just free information of some of the things i have done and some of the things people shared with me as well.

There is much to add to it. Now understand that i do not do business with many foreign countries like china, russia, africa, the middle east, and some other countries. The UK and some of those countries are just fine so they are not on the list.

I said this because on this site i offer free starter lists for both htaccess and cPHulk. The cPHulk list only contains IP's that have attempted to login where they were not authorized to do so repeatedly, and so they were blocked perm by the system. This is a good list because IMO the people that do this know every new cPanel/WHM install that becomes live and they start hitting it right away as it happened to me as well. So at least with this list you may have a better time to already have them on the block list ahead of time.

Anyway it also has tips to help you make a better site and explains some techniques to try. Its free and if you have ideas to share as well, im all ears. I just felt like doing something to help fight the battle..

Take care.. :)
    #1 durangod, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Thank you for taking the time to share the knowledge and solutions you have found for some of the more common issues that users experience. I will leave this thread open for user-feedback.