The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Site Down!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vernehenzel, Nov 18, 2011.

1. vernehenzel

vernehenzel Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I just got introduced to cPanel, but what the hell happened? I simply went into the cPanel admin, went through the "Getting Started Wizard", then opened up the File Manager to see the contents of the public_html folder, BUT I DIDN'T TOUCH A THING. Now the site is down. What happened? How do I fix it?

2. vernehenzel

vernehenzel Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Sorry. I am being vague. You need more info than that to form an answer. Here's the site: /http://mbshaw.com/
    Again, I don't think I changed anything. The site has been dormant since 2008 because that's the modification date on index.html, and that's still the modification date. Did something happen on the server side?

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Your host would be a better person to ask if/when the site is down. Your website works for me here perfectly, BTW. ;)

No one on this forum can help fix something we know nothing about other than its down, for you. That sort of thing would be impossible to guess at.

4. vernehenzel

vernehenzel Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks for the reply. The site is up as you said because it's fine in Safari 5. I get a "File Not Found" in Firefox 7 when I hit the index.html file, but not any other pages. I am a newborn in cPanel. What's Firefox's problem with the index.html? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#4 vernehenzel, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  5. ES - George

ES - George Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm in Firefox 7 and can access the site and index.html perfectly fine. I would suggest you clear your browsers cookies and try again.