Site marked as phishing & malware

aplumbing

Registered
May 2, 2019
Australia
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi all,

My site - Removed - has been blacklisted and I am getting the message that it has malware so think it has been hacked.

I can't login to wordpress and I can't login to my cPanel account as the URL is not working and I fear my username and password has been changed as I cannot access my FTP files!

Really struggling with what to do here as I would like to remove the affected page but can't login or access any files. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

aplumbing

Registered
May 2, 2019
Australia
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi InfoPro,

I have tried contacting liquid web, the hosting provider, and they keep saying I don't have an account with them. Is there any other way to troubleshoot? I really need to fix it to get my business back up and running. Thanks

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Looking at the domain whois information will tell you your provider, as I can see the domain before it was edited out, I did a quick search and you're definitely correct about who your provider is @aplumbing. While I understand that you're experiencing an issue with them, there's absolutely nothing we can do to assist though I wish there were. You'll need to work with them directly.

sparek-3

Aug 10, 2002
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I don't know what the domain name is - I didn't see it before it was removed (and I don't need to see it).

But just because a lookup of the IP address shows Liquid Web doesn't mean that they are directly in control of the account. He could be paying a hosting provider that uses Liquid Web for their servers.

That's why it's typically (always?) a good idea to know who you are paying for a service (that's a weird sentence to say in 2019 ... er wait, no it's not). I mean... if I've got a service... I'd like to know who I am paying for that service... or put another way... why am I paying for a service that I may not be using?

Reactions: Infopro

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
@sparek-3

Oh I agree, but that's where the domain is pointed and suspended at. So, my assumption is that's where he should continue to look, the user knew enough that their account was with liquidweb so I would assume they can tell him where he needs to get assistance from, as we cannot.

Thanks.