actionmedia

Registered
Dec 24, 2005
Hello,

I have an 8 GB website with a 2 GB mysql db. I am running a VPS with plenty of HDD space. All of my other sites backup fine, except for this particular site, which is large. When I try to do a cpanel backup, the VPS freezes up. Is there a limitation on the size of websites can be backed up?

Thanks.

anupkumar

May 20, 2011
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

It is not possible to take backup more than 4GB using /scripts/pkgacct or from WHM. You have to check which folder is taking much disk space. You have to skip that. If your public_html folder is taking much disk space. Then you have to manually take the backup using tar. or if mysql is taking disk space then you have to skip database option.

cPanelKenneth

cPanel Development
Staff member
Apr 7, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

It is not possible to take backup more than 4GB using /scripts/pkgacct or from WHM. You have to check which folder is taking much disk space. You have to skip that. If your public_html folder is taking much disk space. Then you have to manually take the backup using tar. or if mysql is taking disk space then you have to skip database option.
There is no limitation in pkgacct or cpbackup that prevents backing up accounts of that size, or larger.

When using pkgacct or cpbackup to backup an account that exceeds 4 GB in size, what errors are in the log, or on the console? What are the symptoms that are exhibited?

electric

Nov 5, 2001
We have successfully used cpanel backup on accounts over 80gb in size, so I don't think size is the problem.