The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Site Transfer and Shared IP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flashweb, Feb 18, 2004.

1. flashweb

flashweb Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

I want to move some sites from one serever to another.

I have root access in both. I have 5 reseller in server 1, all resellers use same shared IP. I need to move all these to new server but each resellers and their client web sites should have different shared IP.

I need this as i am getting DDoS, so i can easily find out which reseller account is getting the DDoS. Now all resellers sharing main server IP, i don't know which site/reseller get this DDoS.

How can i transfer web sites and get different shared IP Address ?

Regards,

Yujin Boby

2. sphost

sphost Well-Known Member

i was looking for an answer for the same question for a while, but i didnt got any.
    so this is what i did, however it maybe wrong, but its working fine with me :

change the main shared ip of the server to
    (for example : 000.000.000.1) , move the first reseller, give him reseller rights and make this ip his main shared ip, then move all the accounts under this reseller, they will automaticaly get under the reseller.

then change the main shared ip of the server to 000.000.000.2 and move the second reseller ... and so on untill you move them all, after that you can modify the main shared IP back to normal.

i hope this helps, and i hope that there is a better idea that anyone can provide you

3. flashweb

flashweb Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks sphost for the reply. Will do the same.

Anyidea how can i change the shared IP of a group of web sites in my server, that is i use IP-1 as shared IP for all my sites, i need to move half of the web site to a new shared IP-2.

Is there any way to do this ?