The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sites Down - But services all up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tmellon, Sep 10, 2005.

1. tmellon

tmellon Well-Known Member

I'm on a new server right now (moved from another server a week ago), but lately, the last day or so, sites are going up and down all day long (all are currently down).

Apache, bind, etc are all up and fine -- I've restarted services as well as the server, and the sites are all down -- including sites using my nameservers, as well as sites doing other nameservers.

I'm not exactly sure what's going on (I've never had any problems like this before).

Resently, I installed APF (which I installed on my previous server just fine), but I uninstalled it due to it messing up exim. That was about 2 days ago, and started yesterday evening, the sites have been going up and down every 30-45 minutes or so.

I've both search for ideas in how to fix it, as well as doing what I know would possibly fix it (I know a decent amount for fix a server myself).

But I'm just stumped right now.

Server info:
    WHM 10.6.0 cPanel 10.6.0-R158
    CentOS 4.1 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0

Kernel: 2.6.9-11

Anyone have any suggestions for me to try?

Thanks!

2. aby

aby Well-Known Member

Are you able to ping to the domain when the site is down, or able to access the domain using the httP://serverIP/~username/. Just to make sure there are no issues with the BIND. Also having a look on the message log can give you some idea. Also try flushing the IP tables if you got some rules in there.

3. tmellon

tmellon Well-Known Member

Actually... going through a tracert on my IPs, it seems they're down (but not the main server IP though). I have 5 IPs alloted to this server, and only 1 out of 5 is working.

I've contacted my provider regarding the IPs - I think they're dead :(

They time out right after it hits the noc (not at my server).

#3 tmellon, Sep 10, 2005
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2005
  4. Stefaans

Stefaans Well-Known Member

If a web site on your main IP is visible, but intermitently not on any of the other IP's, then it sounds like a routing problem. Contacting your provider was the right thing to do.