Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Sites Down - But services all up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tmellon, Sep 10, 2005.

1. tmellon

tmellon Well-Known Member

I'm on a new server right now (moved from another server a week ago), but lately, the last day or so, sites are going up and down all day long (all are currently down).

Apache, bind, etc are all up and fine -- I've restarted services as well as the server, and the sites are all down -- including sites using my nameservers, as well as sites doing other nameservers.

I'm not exactly sure what's going on (I've never had any problems like this before).

Resently, I installed APF (which I installed on my previous server just fine), but I uninstalled it due to it messing up exim. That was about 2 days ago, and started yesterday evening, the sites have been going up and down every 30-45 minutes or so.

I've both search for ideas in how to fix it, as well as doing what I know would possibly fix it (I know a decent amount for fix a server myself).

But I'm just stumped right now.

Server info:
    WHM 10.6.0 cPanel 10.6.0-R158
    CentOS 4.1 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0

Kernel: 2.6.9-11

Anyone have any suggestions for me to try?

Thanks!

2. aby

aby Well-Known Member

Are you able to ping to the domain when the site is down, or able to access the domain using the httP://serverIP/~username/. Just to make sure there are no issues with the BIND. Also having a look on the message log can give you some idea. Also try flushing the IP tables if you got some rules in there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tmellon

tmellon Well-Known Member

Actually... going through a tracert on my IPs, it seems they're down (but not the main server IP though). I have 5 IPs alloted to this server, and only 1 out of 5 is working.

I've contacted my provider regarding the IPs - I think they're dead :(

They time out right after it hits the noc (not at my server).

#3 tmellon, Sep 10, 2005
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2005
  4. Stefaans

Stefaans Well-Known Member

If a web site on your main IP is visible, but intermitently not on any of the other IP's, then it sounds like a routing problem. Contacting your provider was the right thing to do.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...