The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sites not working - have to restart apache all the time

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by frod789, Sep 24, 2013.

1. frod789

frod789 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

We are having problems with cpanel. We are mainly using it as a way to forward domains to sites that we have created that are hosted in another server.

The problem is that forwarders work for a little bit but then stop working. The only way we know to make it work again is by restarting apache.

This is a huge problem because we find ourselves restarting apache more than 5 times a day.

Please help.

I was told by the provider we license cpanel from: - Can anyone please tell me how to fix this

As I can see you are using proxy connection and the error in apache error logs are :
    =======================================================================================
    [Sun Sep 22 04:27:49 2013] [error] [client REMOVED] proxy: Error reading from remote server returned by /502.shtml
    [Sun Sep 22 04:27:50 2013] [error] [client REMOVED] (104)Connection reset by peer: proxy: error reading status line from remote server

[Sun Sep 22 09:15:56 2013] [error] (110)Connection timed out: proxy: HTTP: attempt to connect to REMOVED:80 (*) failed
    [Sun Sep 22 09:15:56 2013] [error] (110)Connection timed out: proxy: HTTP: attempt to connect to REMOVED:80 (*) failed
    [Sun Sep 22 09:15:59 2013] [error] (110)Connection timed out: proxy: HTTP: attempt to connect to REMOVED:80 (*) failed
    [Sun Sep 22 09:16:05 2013] [error] (110)Connection timed out: proxy: HTTP: attempt to connect
    =======================================================================================

Please consult with your sysadmin and ask him to check for connection setting with proxy which is getting timeout and connection getting failed.

Highest Regards,

Kailas B
    cPanel© Certified

Regards,

Felix

#1 frod789, Sep 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2013
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. frod789

frod789 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello Michael,

I'm new to cpanel. I just setup simple domains then I have them setup to forward. I didn't setup any special custom proxy config.

Would this happen with a default install?

Regards,

Felix

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Could you open a support ticket so we can take a closer look?

Submit A Ticket

You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.