Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

sites not working - have to restart apache all the time

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by frod789, Sep 24, 2013.

1. frod789

frod789 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

We are having problems with cpanel. We are mainly using it as a way to forward domains to sites that we have created that are hosted in another server.

The problem is that forwarders work for a little bit but then stop working. The only way we know to make it work again is by restarting apache.

This is a huge problem because we find ourselves restarting apache more than 5 times a day.

Please help.

I was told by the provider we license cpanel from: - Can anyone please tell me how to fix this

As I can see you are using proxy connection and the error in apache error logs are :
    =======================================================================================
    [Sun Sep 22 04:27:49 2013] [error] [client REMOVED] proxy: Error reading from remote server returned by /502.shtml
    [Sun Sep 22 04:27:50 2013] [error] [client REMOVED] (104)Connection reset by peer: proxy: error reading status line from remote server

[Sun Sep 22 09:15:56 2013] [error] (110)Connection timed out: proxy: HTTP: attempt to connect to REMOVED:80 (*) failed
    [Sun Sep 22 09:15:56 2013] [error] (110)Connection timed out: proxy: HTTP: attempt to connect to REMOVED:80 (*) failed
    [Sun Sep 22 09:15:59 2013] [error] (110)Connection timed out: proxy: HTTP: attempt to connect to REMOVED:80 (*) failed
    [Sun Sep 22 09:16:05 2013] [error] (110)Connection timed out: proxy: HTTP: attempt to connect
    =======================================================================================

Please consult with your sysadmin and ask him to check for connection setting with proxy which is getting timeout and connection getting failed.

Highest Regards,

Kailas B
    cPanel© Certified

Regards,

Felix

#1 frod789, Sep 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2013
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Could you elaborate on the custom proxy configuration you have in place?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. frod789

frod789 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello Michael,

I'm new to cpanel. I just setup simple domains then I have them setup to forward. I didn't setup any special custom proxy config.

Would this happen with a default install?

Regards,

Felix

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Could you open a support ticket so we can take a closer look?

Submit A Ticket

You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...