cPanel & WHM Version
v100.0.1

smittylv

Registered
Nov 3, 2021
Texas
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi all! I am VERY new to server administration and have migrated to a self managed server having spent a lot of time with HostGator using a semi managed dedicated server.
I recently bought a license for Litespeed to replace Apache.
I successfully installed it and the plugin for WHM worked.
However, after several hours, suddenly the sites become unreachable.

Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site.

We can’t connect to the server at *removed*.

If that address is correct, here are three other things you can try:

Try again later.
Check your network connection.
If you are connected but behind a firewall, check that Firefox has permission to access the Web.
By going through the plugin and switching it back to Apache, it returns to work.

I have no idea where or how to start troubleshooting this as I'm used to HostGator holding my hand :D

Anyone know where to start to see why this is happening? Thanks so much.

Last edited by a moderator:

quietFinn

Feb 4, 2006
Finland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I think your IP got blocked in that server's firewall.
You could check here:

Or if you have Opera browser you could use it's built-in VPN.

Reactions: cPanelAnthony

smittylv

Registered
Nov 3, 2021
Texas
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I think your IP got blocked in that server's firewall.
You could check here:

Or if you have Opera browser you could use it's built-in VPN.
I don't have a firewall on the server yet. But, it is reporting my sites up even though they can't be reached despite any number of browsers/devices I try from!

Hello! What is the exact error message you see when visiting the websites while they fail to load?
Browsers report that the sites' "server IP address could not be found".

Additionally, I've switched back to Apache in the meantime and sometime last night, the same issue started happening with it, as well - not just Litespeed now. What could possibly keep the server up but not the sites?

quietFinn

Feb 4, 2006
Finland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I checked your site (before forum admin removed it from your post) and was able to connect without problems, so I believe you are blocked.
Maybe it's cPHulk?

smittylv

Registered
Nov 3, 2021
Texas
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I checked your site (before forum admin removed it from your post) and was able to connect without problems, so I believe you are blocked.
Maybe it's cPHulk?
First off, thank you very much for your help thus far!

Secondly, I noticed that on my iPhone I could connect as well.
But on my PC - whether I use a VPN or not, Chrome or Firefox, and even after flushing my DNS cache - still can't connect.
As a note, I'm self taught with server administration, cPanel, WHM - so I never formally learned everything - just what I thought to look into and through trial and error. I say that because it could be something extremely simple but never having crossed my mind.

To that end, should I disable cPHulk?

This all started after I installed Litespeed - and seems to persist whether Apache or Litespeed is the primary web server

quietFinn

Feb 4, 2006
Finland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I have never used cPHulk so I don't know if disabling it would remove blocks made by it.

cPanelAnthony

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 18, 2021
Houston, TX
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
cPHulk wouldn't prevent access to websites on the server. If you are unable to access your websites due to a firewall issue, it would definitely not be cPHulk causing the problem. Firewalls such as CSF can, however, block IP addresses reported by cPHulk, which would result in not being able to access the website.