The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skip some files while account transfer ...How ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by furquan, Feb 10, 2011.

1. furquan

furquan Well-Known Member

Hello All :

I need to move an account between 2 countries and the size of the site to transfer is 30 GB....But in doing so i need to skip some "files / folders" while transfer, Can any one assist me in doing this ?

BOTH the servers are Cpanel servers. :confused:

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello furquan,

You cannot skip only select directories using the account transfer feature. Now, you could skip the entire home directory for pkgacct script:

Code:
    /scripts/pkgacct --skiphomedir username
    Replace username with the cPanel username. The above command will then package the account and skip the home directory /home/username during the packaging. At that point, you can move the cpmove file to the new server:

Code:
    scp -pr /home/cpmove-username.tar.gz root@newserverIP:/home
    Where again username is the cPanel username, and also newserverIP is the IP of the new server where it will be moved.

After moving the account to the new server, you can unpackage it using:

Code:
    /scripts/restorepkg username
    You could then scp or rsync the /home/username files over, since those won't have been copied.

For an rsync, it allows you to exclude files and folders. You can review the following link where I discussed (as my non-staff account) using rsync to do that process:

huge site migration - urgent help needed

Thanks.