The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slight problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by webbhost, Mar 6, 2004.

  1. webbhost

    webbhost Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2004
    Messages:
    48
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    i currently have .htaccess running a script to display banner at hte top of all webpages - the only troujble is that no-one can start sessions now because header information has already been sent - before the <html> tag

    how am i gona sort this one?
     
  2. mr.wonderful

    mr.wonderful BANNED

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2004
    Messages:
    345
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Banners are so yesterday. Try to forget banners. Use something like FLASH.
     
  3. PWSowner

    PWSowner Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2001
    Messages:
    2,948
    Likes Received:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    ON, Canada
    That's one advantage of putting banners at the bottom.

    It doesn't make much difference as far as the advertising because 99% of the visitors ignore the banner anyway and the other 1% will see it at the top or bottom.
     
  4. webbhost

    webbhost Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2004
    Messages:
    48
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    well the way i look at it is not necciserily... reason i say this is because if the viewer is just skimming the page, they would not see a banner at the bottom of a page....
     
  5. webbhost

    webbhost Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2004
    Messages:
    48
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    is there no way to say something like as soon as a header is sent, send the following information first?
     
  6. PWSowner

    PWSowner Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2001
    Messages:
    2,948
    Likes Received:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    ON, Canada
    Not that I know of.
     
  7. raventec

    raventec Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 19, 2003
    Messages:
    120
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Good point phantom.
     
  8. PWSowner

    PWSowner Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2001
    Messages:
    2,948
    Likes Received:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    ON, Canada
    That's a good idea even for security reasons. That way a hacker can't sign up for a free account and do any harm to the paying accounts.
     
Loading...

Share This Page