The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SLL Install Problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by poyrazozer, Apr 18, 2013.

1. poyrazozer

poyrazozer Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I bought a SSL certificate from my reseller. I want to install it to my CPanel. It's CENTOS 5.9 x86_64 standard - WHM 11.36.1 (build 5). Here is my steps:
    1. clicked "Generate a SSL Certificate & Signing Request". I filled all the fields.
    2. go to my reseller website. I filled CSR code and private key. Then filled the other fields such as telephone number, postcode etc.
    3. went back to CPanel and clicked "Install a SSL Certificate and Setup the Domain". Firstly paste the Certificate Code which is given me in the 1st step. Then I clicked "Browse" button. IP and user fields filled automatically. I wrote my domain name. But I changed my username with that: "nobody". Also my domain is "subdomain.domain.com". Then I clicked submit it says matching problem between codes. But it gave me them.

I created codes many times but I deleted all of them from "SSL Key/Crt Manager".

So what can be the problem?

2. quietFinn

quietFinn Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I do it in this order:
    In "Install a SSL Certificate and Setup the Domain" fill in your domain (or hostname), then click "Browse", after that copy-paste the certificate and ca bundle, and change User to "nobody", then click "Submit".

3. poyrazozer

poyrazozer Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It doesn't work.

4. arunsv84

arunsv84 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Just to confirm,

Are you trying to install SSL for a subdomain? Why you choose the user as nobody? Have you assigned dedicated ip to the website?

Thanks!