The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SLOW left menu in cpanel.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Domenico, Oct 13, 2001.

1. Domenico

Domenico Well-Known Member

Hello,

It takes a couple of minutes to load the left menu in cpanel. I thought it would be working soon but after more than a month the menu is still slow.

Why???

2. Domenico

HELLO! This is a serious problem!

Please help!

Development team????????? :mad:

3. Brian Farkas

Brian Farkas Well-Known Member

I think you\'re overreacting a little bit... Since the default cpanel skin does not come with a left hand menu, you\'re probably talking about the burst.net skin... you\'ll probably want to contact them directly about that, or program your own skin if you want to reduce loading time. If I remember correctly, the burst.net skin has an expanding menu in the left frame, which is probably why it\'s taking a while to load.

In any case, the cpanel developers would probably be more concerned with the backend code of the program rather than the frontend - that\'s an issue you\'d want to take up with the skin creator. Good luck.

4. Domenico

Hmm, sorry but I\'m not overreacting here.
    Yes it\'s the burstnet one but one minute to show up is a bit long don\'t you think?

Well, is someone from burstnet looking then?

5. Brian Farkas

Brian Farkas Well-Known Member

[quote:7df4cd9ca3]
    Hmm, sorry but I\'m not overreacting here.
    Yes it\'s the burstnet one but one minute to show up is a bit long don\'t you think?

Well, is someone from burstnet looking then?
    [/quote:7df4cd9ca3]
    As I said- you\'re essentially faced with two options... create your own skin, or contact someone from Burst to rectify the situation. I have no way of knowing whether someone from Burstnet is looking into the situation, which is why I suggested that you ask them. I apologize if I offended you by saying you were overreacting, but the point I was trying to get across is that this forum is probably not going to be able to get your problems solved any sooner.

If the burst people won\'t do anything for you, and you are unsatisfied with their skin, why not just create your own?

[Edited on 10/15/01 by Brian Farkas]

6. Domenico

You are probably right here but I still think it isn\'t a skin problem because it has worked just fine untill some upgrade I believe.

I will ask for a fix at burst.net

Thanks!

7. Domenico

I just found out that when I access the cpanel through the standard port 2082 everything is fine but when I access the cpanel through port 2083 the left menu does take a minute to come up.