Neozac

Feb 4, 2021
mexico
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello!

I have a problem, I hope you can help me solve it,

I have a VPS, in contabo and it is fast to enter cpanel and whm all very well, but the detail is when entering the webmail (roundcube) it is very slow in general to load the page, to load the list of emails or send an email, etc ... is slow ,,

I tell them that I have a reseller plan in another host with lesser characteristics and in this one if it is fast. How could I solve?

regards

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
It's hard to say for sure - there could be a resource usage problem where there aren't enough resources for PHP-FPM to function well. It would be good to check /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log to see if there are any additional details provided around the time the issue happens.

guisaldanha

Registered
Jan 20, 2021
Brasil
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Same problem on a fresh install, which uses Centos 8.4 and cPanel v98.0.1, PHP version 7.3.

In my case I turned it off and there was no change in performance.

I restarted the server, nothing too!

I activated it again, tested the other versions of PHP (7.2, 7.3, 7.4 and 8) activated and deactivated the PHP-FPM feature and nothing improved.

On my other VPS that uses CENTOS 7.9 v96.0.13 everything works fine, with PHP version 7.3.

Detail: both VPS have 6 vCPU and 16 GB RAM.

Can someone help me?

Avais

Registered
Jun 8, 2017
Pakistan
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Same problem on a fresh install, which uses Centos 8.4 and cPanel v98.0.1, PHP version 7.3.

In my case I turned it off and there was no change in performance.

I restarted the server, nothing too!

I activated it again, tested the other versions of PHP (7.2, 7.3, 7.4 and 8) activated and deactivated the PHP-FPM feature and nothing improved.

On my other VPS that uses CENTOS 7.9 v96.0.13 everything works fine, with PHP version 7.3.

Detail: both VPS have 6 vCPU and 16 GB RAM.

Can someone help me?
Did you find the solution ?

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@Avais - I don't see that there was anything else posted from that user, so I don't have any details to provide on my end.

If you have root access to the server you're welcome to submit a ticket to our support team so we can check out the system directly.

ribeiroeder

Registered
Jun 11, 2021
Brazil
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@Avais My solution was to uninstall the wordpress toolkit to keep PHP-FPM for cPanel disabled. When I need to update my plugins on the server, I do the install again, update everything and then uninstall it again and disable PHP-FPM for cPanel;