The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slow pop3 and mail locks

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by MichaelShanks, Apr 21, 2005.

1. MichaelShanks

MichaelShanks Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

is anyone experiencing similar problems? it seems that a lot of customers are experiencing slow download via pop3 and also lock files are not being removed correctly. This isn't effecting one server it is effecting many across several different continents.

anyone else as i haven't seen this brought up yet? it may be we notice it more because of the number of clients hosted on our network, it defiantly is a problem however,

fedora core 2 BTW for OS release, and its happening on current/release/stable of cpanel

Michael Shanks
    Ultraspeed UK

2. jackie46

jackie46 BANNED

My pop3 sessions are at a crawl and i cant work out what happened all of a sudden. It includes about 25 email checks but its so slooooooooowwwwwwwwww! I already resinstalled exim and looked for lock files. Nothing there. :rolleyes:

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Are you running cppop? If so, if you have any users who leave messages on the server it will drag down the performance of both cppop and the server as a whole. Basically, the only rememdy would be to convert to maildir since that bypasses the issues of slow access and pop locks completely.