The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slow WHM login, plus CPU spike

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by santrix, Nov 25, 2009.

1. santrix

santrix Well-Known Member

I have a VPS (VPS Optimized) under WMWare with 4 cores, and 2Gb ram... loads rarely get above 0.4 (0.1 considering 4 cores)

When I connect to WHM with firefox in the morning, it sometimes takes 10 seconds or more to log in. If I have an SSH session open at the time, running top, I can see the whostmgr hogging the CPU, and the load factor has time to rise to 2.0!!!

This only seemed to happen since I added more disk space.

Are there any possible reasons for this? My setup is pretty vanilla apart from APF/BFD.

Steve

#1 santrix, Nov 25, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  2. jrianto

jrianto Active Member

There could be many factors, you need to have a sysadmin check on it. Ask your provider to submit a support ticket to cPanel to check what's going on, they'd be able to detect it.

This happens "everytime" you log in to WHM right? Not when your backup is running or something? Sometimes when backup is in progress, the CPU will spike much higher.

3. santrix

santrix Well-Known Member

nope... nothing else going on. Sometimes I log in via ssh and run top just to see what happens... whotmgr2 just goes nuts for some time.

This change definitely happened after my provider added disk space to my VPS, I'll ask them again.