The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small partition causing named issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Novisoft, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Novisoft

Novisoft Active Member

Hello,
    I just installed CPANEL on a clean and fresh freebsd box. The installation was ok, and i already created 2 accounts. But i can't reach websites through the domain names. First, i have suspected a named missconfiguration. But after opened a ticket, cpanel support team told me : "Your root partition is too small (86% used), so there are no inodes free for the system to do anything. This is likely causing your named issues".
    I asked my data center to increase the root partition but they refused, cause they don't provide any customization on their servers.
    So, the only thing that i could do to fix that issue, is to move some files and directories from root patition to the home partition and symbolic link from the default location. That's what i did.
    Now, my partition root is only 42% used, but still can't get my domain names working.
    I have pointed them correctly, no problem with that, and named is shown as running normaly.

Filesystem Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on
    /dev/ad0s1a 2.9G 1.1G 1.6G 42% /
    devfs 1.0K 1.0K 0B 100% /dev
    /dev/ad0s1d 33G 1.9G 28G 6% /home
    procfs 4.0K 4.0K 0B 100% /proc
    devfs 1.0K 1.0K 0B 100% /var/named/dev

Is there any idea to fix that please ?

Thank you very much for your precious help and sorry for my poor english :)

#1 Novisoft, Mar 22, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2006