The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SMTP 550 Error for one account

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by JoelP, Nov 21, 2006.

1. JoelP

JoelP Member

I've got myself into quite some trouble. A while ago a client's mail stopped work. I can't remember what the problem was but I ended up giving up and just copying the whole cpanel account to another server, and pointed the MX record to that server. So we have server A hosting dns and web and all that, and server B hosting mail.

Now when I try to copy the mail back to server A, none of the accounts can receive mail - they keep return a 550 SMTP error.
    Am I copying all the right files? I have just copied the /home/username/mail directory. Can anyone suggest any other files I need to copy across?

I realise that since I never ended up fixing the problem on server A, the issue is probably same as I started with.
    Any suggestions as to what may cause the 550 errors if the copying of files was ok?

Joel.

#1 JoelP, Nov 21, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2006
  2. JoelP

JoelP Member

Yay I can sleep now!

It's all good now.

The solution was on another thread. Just had remove the domain from /etc/remotedomains and put it in /etc/localdomains

Joel.