The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

smtp; 553 sorry, invalid HELO hostname (#5.7.1)

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by ltoso, Jan 4, 2016.

1. ltoso

ltoso Member

Hi,
    my email server is sending emails to gmail, yahoo and other free email service providers but when i send email to rediffmail.com it gives the following error

smtp; 553 sorry, invalid HELO hostname (#5.7.1)

after looking at the internet for solution it says that this type of error comes when the hostname set inside cpanel doesn't lead to an ip address or is not FQDN but in my case i have checked the hostname and checked if my hostname leads to an ip address on pinging it does

Please recommend

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Could you let us know the specific output from /var/log/exim_mainlog when this happens? EX:

Code:
    exigrep user@external-domain /var/log/exim_mainlog
    Thank you.

3. ltoso

ltoso Member

Hi,
    following is the output of the above command, i have just replaced my sending email id with demo.value@ourownserver.com and rediff email id to demo.value@rediffmail.com and the ip from which i am sending to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to keep my info private

Code:
    2016-01-04 05:34:06 1aG1ee-000383-SW ** demo.value@rediffmail.com R=dkim_loo                                                                                        kuphost T=dkim_remote_smtp H=mx.rediffmail.rediff.akadns.net [202.137.234.30] X=                                                                                        TLSv1:DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:256 CV=no: SMTP error from remote mail server after RCP                                                                                        T TO:<demo.value@rediffmail.com>: 553 sorry, invalid HELO hostname (#5.7.1)
    2016-01-04 05:34:06 1aG1ee-000383-SW Completed

#3 ltoso, Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2016
  4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator