The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SMTP access from certain IPs to certain domains

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by DevilSun, Sep 2, 2011.

1. DevilSun

DevilSun Member

Hi guys,

Maybe someone can help me. I have a server with a plenty of domain names. And I need the following thing.
    For example I have domain name emaildomain.com and I need to configure SMTP access to it ONLY from several IPs, for example 1.1.1.1,2.2.2.2,3.3.3.3,127.0.0.1(e.g. using Webmail)
    e.g. in the end I can send emails from *@emaildomain.com when connecting from 1.1.1.1,2.2.2.2,3.3.3.3,127.0.0.1(e.g. webmail) and not able to send emails while trying to connect from 4.4.4.4,5.5.5.5 etc.
    Thnx in advance.

2. DevilSun

DevilSun Member

forgot to add, other domain names should not have such restrictions, e.g. emails should be sent withour any problems from any sources(of course if correct login details being used)

3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm still confused on what you want here. You want to restrict webmail access to only specific IPs for one account?

4. DevilSun

DevilSun Member

well, yeah. I need to give direct SMTP access(email clients) for only one account for specified IP addresses, but modifications shouldn't affect other accounts(they should have access from any IP address). But with the same, mailboxes for this account should have access from anywhere by accessing through webmail.
    e.g.:
    account1 - direct SMTP access(not relay) only for 1.1.1.1, 2.2.2.2, but closed access for any other IPs
    account1 - have access to webmail from anywhere
    account2 - have direct SMTP access from anywhere
    account2 - have access to webmail from anywhere

P.S.:sorry for such delay, was out of country.

5. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I'm not sure exactly what you seek, is possible. You can for instance set this account to have its own dedicated IP of course, and all mail coming from it would be on that IP.
    WHM > Service Configuration > Exim Configuration Editor, Domains and IPs tab.

But as far as restricting IPs that can connect to that account, I'm not sure is possible.