The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SMTP auth and reply-to

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by leonep, Apr 13, 2016.

1. leonep

leonep Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,
    I have a little question for you.
    My customer have Exchange and want to use smarthost (my cpanel server) to send mails.
    They have configured exchange smarthost with SMTP Authentication using name and password (i have created an account on my cpanel server test@example.xxx ).
    The mail go correctly but the reply-to address is the email account used in smtp auth (test@example.xxx) for all the exchange emails account.....
    I want to know if cpanel forces the reply-to address to the one used in smtp auth config.
    How can i solve this?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Could you elaborate a little further on the behavior you are expecting? For instance, what email address are you excepting for the "Reply-To" address in the header?

Thank you.

3. leonep

leonep Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    client (emailAAA@xxx) -->exchange(LAN)-->smarthost(my CPANEL)(smtp auth with emailBBB@xxx)-->destination

if destination click "reply-to" the email suggested is emailBBB and not the emailAAA . i got 20 different clients.

I also have make more tests. if i put option "replyto" in the email client, the destination got wrong sender (emailBBB) but correct replyto address (emailAAA)

second test i made with another smtp service (SMTP auth) it works correct sender=reply-to

thanks !

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Please let us know if changing any of the following options in "WHM >> Exim Configuration Manager" under the "Mail" tab alters the behavior you have reported:

EXPERIMENTAL: Rewrite From: header to match actual sender
    Enable Sender Rewriting Scheme (SRS) Support

Thank you.