Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SMTP Auth not working

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by aguilar1181, Apr 20, 2014.

1. aguilar1181

aguilar1181 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    So after a long research and an abuse complaint I found out that my server is not asking for password when sending an email. How do I know this? because I change my email password yet somebody sent me and email and I received it.

I found people in this forums talking about Pop before SMTP (antirelayd) which from the very beginning this server was set up it was never used. I tried clearing /etc/relayhosts which is empty and restarting exim as some people suggested yet the problem persist.

Can anybody help me?

My main problem is I received an abuse complaint and it looks like my email server is been use as a relay.

Thanx in advance for the help

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Could you elaborate a little more on this? Changing a password would not prevent you from receiving an email. Were you able to review /var/log/exim_mainlog to find out more information about the email message that was sent out?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...