SOLVED SMTP connections problem

Operating System & Version
centos 7
cPanel & WHM Version
96.0.4

d4mourtzis96

Member
Mar 18, 2021
21
1
3
efpolis.com
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I would expect either the server IP or localhost to work well for that connection type.

As a test, are you able to access email through a client using the authentication details configured in the WordPress plugin?
Yes i am able to 95% of the times except the other 5% i get the same error as wordpress. The same happends to wordpress. Also this happens both for smtp and pop3.
 

d4mourtzis96

Member
Mar 18, 2021
21
1
3
efpolis.com
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I would expect either the server IP or localhost to work well for that connection type.

As a test, are you able to access email through a client using the authentication details configured in the WordPress plugin?
I just noticed that chkservd also fails to login with se same authentication error. And emails from cpanel goes to spam although i have configured all the records correctly

Code:
TCP Transaction Log:
<< * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE NAMESPACE LITERAL+ STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN] Dovecot ready.
>> A001 LOGIN __cpanel__service__auth__imap__tyumqcpavsp2UCml ------------
<< A001 NO [AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Authentication failed.
imap: ** [A001 NO [AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Authentication failed. != A001 OK]
: Died
 

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
9,904
1,544
313
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks for the additional details. So the error is intermittent, which is an important clue. During the times of the issue, do you know if there are a large number of other authentication processes running? If you run out of processes, it is possible that the server wouldn't be able to authenticate any more users, causing these errors.
 

d4mourtzis96

Member
Mar 18, 2021
21
1
3
efpolis.com
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Thanks for the additional details. So the error is intermittent, which is an important clue. During the times of the issue, do you know if there are a large number of other authentication processes running? If you run out of processes, it is possible that the server wouldn't be able to authenticate any more users, causing these errors.
Eventually I reinstalled the server all over again but the problem got fixed so everything fine now and thanks for the help!