The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SMTP data timeout (message abandoned) on connection from

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by promak, Jan 14, 2009.

1. promak

promak Well-Known Member

I have two server one with cpanel 10 and new cpanel 11.24 , My new cpanel keep log "SMTP data timeout (message abandoned) on connection from" from one of provider.

I copy account from server (old) to new cpanel 11.24 , but after that user can't receive the domain which can receive before(in old server) keep SMTP data timeout (message abandoned) on connection from.

May i know how to fix this issue.

Check + replace network card, and using same switch(cisco), duplex and speed is same too, MTU also is same.

I have push this account to directadmin server(which also use exim) , it seems normal.

ps: user using this provider and then have a forward to my server(his domain) (domain A email forward to domain B my server email) and get this smtp timeout issue.

:mad:

2. bmarshallbri

bmarshallbri Active Member

SMTP data timeout

Did you ever get a solution to this? I am seeing the same thing but it is specific to Mac Mail clients. Something about Apple's Mail client is not playing nice and I can't tell if it's Exim or ASSP.

I'm on cPanel 11.24.4-C35075 - WHM 11.24.2 - X 3.9 CENTOS 5.3 x86_64 standard

3. lehels

lehels Well-Known Member

Generally it's about ISP connection <> server, or some local filters on clients PC.

4. John W

John W Member

In case anyone is having this problem I just tracked it down to ASSP Deluxe running SSL and switching to Stunnel solved it. I only have a couple "friends" sites but when Comcast started blocking port 25 sometime last year I had to enable ssl and didn't think we had a problem because it was rare. Only affected a few senders like certain automated Fedex emails but seemed to be increasing lately.

#4 John W, Mar 1, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2010