SMTP Error (550): Failed to add recipient

Aicmad

Registered
May 9, 2019
Australia
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi, today I needed to reply to an important email and I have discovered that I cannot send any emails. I get this error sign:

SMTP Error (550): Failed to add recipient "x" (Outgoing mail from "x" has been suspended.).

I have a website, and this is my cpanel email address for my work. My web master is not answering/ replying and as mentioned, I cannot do anything with emails. I've spent half the day already searching the internet (as well as this forum) for troubleshooting. Bare in mind, I am not a web developer so please speak in english/ lamens terms.

I have logged in to my cpanel account but have not found anything (or dont know where to look) which will rectify the problem. On top of this, when I try to send a message to cpanel support, they're login screen does not acknowledge my password so I am not able to lodge a support ticket.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.

GOT

Get Proactive!
PartnerNOC
Apr 8, 2003
Chesapeake, VA
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Log into your cpanel, click on Email Accounts, and click Manage button next to your email account, look for this section

If those do not say allow, then allow them. If they already say allow, then you will need to contact your provider as they may have suspended you for some reason.

cPanel support would not be able to fix this for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aicmad

Registered
May 9, 2019
Australia
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Thanks. I have been in contact with them since the weekend, and its a slow, grueling process...I've been referred to 3 different support teams that still havent given me an answer as to why my account was suspended. :/