Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SMTP failing from one account only (not a port 25 issue)

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by EMS, Oct 6, 2004.

1. EMS

EMS BANNED

User getting the following when sending mail...

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'hjghjghjg', Account: 'mail.removed.co.uk', Server: 'mail.removed.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B

I noticed he's on Windows "ME" - so in between laughing and pointing I setup a new test pop account in his control panel and configured the account on my own PC here.

The same error happens for me.

I can send mail fine using other acounts on the same server.

Its not a port 25 issue with his isp and all mail client settings are correct, including SMTP authentication.

The only factor I can think of that may have had an influence is that the customer has been using neomail on these accounts for about a month and this is the first time his mail has been set up from a mail client .

Ive run the usual scripts to no avail.

Any ideas ?

2. duranduran

duranduran Well-Known Member

Same error here. And it is not a ISP/provider error.
    Other accounts from other domains (and servers) works fine. Only get this error in only onde domain in (i gess) my cpanel box. :confused:

I send emails true neomail/horde/squirrel normaly. This error is hapens only in the outlook.

And i try all - restart server, reinstall cpanel, reinstall exim, etc etc etc ... :mad:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. duranduran

Hummm...

I have this error in my /var/log/exim_rejectlog:

2004-10-18 15:04:01 H=200164098016.user.veloxzone.com.br (tihost) [200.164.98.16] F=<webmaster@insidehost.com.br> rejected RCPT <alexandre_duran@yahoo.com.br>: 200164098016.user.veloxzone.com.br (tihost) [200.164.98.16] is currently not permitted to relay through this server. Perhaps you have not logged into the pop/imap server in the last 30 minutes or do not have SMTP Authentication turned on in your email client.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. nickn

nickn Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Most likely he's not using SMTP authentication :)

5. duranduran

I try this, but dont work.

6. duranduran

I found the solution (dont ask why :) ) - this account is set to demo mode.
    I configure this with no demo mode and now this send email normaly.

Try this EMS - see if this accout is set to demo mode. Works here !