teck

Aug 10, 2001
I have a server that is causing a lot of problems for the users. It appears SMTP started to fail last night. Here is an excerpt:

An unknown error has occurred. Subject \'Re: Excitement!\', Account: \'John Doe, Server: \'mail.domain.com\', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B

It\'s not just one user but almost everyone who\'s trying to send mail through the server. Receiving mail works fine though.

Annette

PartnerNOC
Aug 12, 2001
Anything in /var/log/exim_mainlog?

Bravo

Oct 30, 2001
teck,

Same thing happened to me on a VO box. Same symptoms, error message, the works.

Turned out that the customers who had problems sending email, did not have SMTP authorization activated. Once they corrected it everything went back to normal.

Nico

Dec 5, 2001
Edmond, OK
Same Here

We are getting this on our servers as well:
, Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0

Any ideas?

felix220

Aug 12, 2001
the SMTP problem seems to be spreading.. many people who have had no problem for months are now unable to send mail.. and all the config changes don't fix it.. it doesn't happen with all ISP's though.. and so far only Outlook.. any possible causes??

teck

Aug 10, 2001
This thread was from last year and although it's resolved, I still see it occasionally.

Curt

Oct 16, 2001
Annette,
How did you end up fixing this, I just started getting it since the exim 4 upgrade?

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Wednesday Training', Account: 'xxx.com', Server: 'xxx.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

bonnmac

Apr 26, 2003
Anyone have a fix? I've not had this problem before but now since upgrade to S82 it's happening on all 8 of my cPanel servers. Help please if anyone can.

moogle

Apr 7, 2003
I'm having this problem, on Cpanel 6.4
Can't get it to work at all..

crazyshells

Oct 21, 2003
i had the same problem but fixed it.

I had the same problem on my server but I fixed it somehow messing with alot of files.

Ya may want to check to see if /var/log/maillog
exists

Also whenever you do change something. Try restarting exim.

I also rebooted my server too. I did alot even did the commands given in this thread.

The problem I was having was that I couldn't send mail but I could recieve it.