Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SMTP feed v POP3 mail collection?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by jellywobbles, Feb 21, 2006.

1. jellywobbles

jellywobbles Registered

SMTP feed v POP3 mail collection?

Can anyone help me?

I run a dedicated Linux box with WHM / Cpanel / Fantastico. I also run my own dedicated DNS (with my own dedicated IP addresses).

All clients collect mail via POP3 catch-all accounts; all clients use the same IP "default" address that the main box uses (altho I have got several spare IP's).

One major client has recently installed MS Exchange & Blackberry Enterprise Server in his factory & now wants me to provide him with a SMTP feed .. (apparantly MS Exchange likes this in preference to POP3).

Can I do this with my current dedicated server setup?

If yes .. How?

What are the pitfalls (if any) of moving from POP3 catch-all collection to direct SMTP feed?

Thanks in advance for your help.

P.S. Not sure if I have posted this in the right area .. if not .. I apologise now ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...