Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

smtp issue

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by kamyana, Oct 15, 2005.

1. kamyana

kamyana Member

hi,
    i have converted to maildir and now i am having problem with smtp via outlookexpress.
    smtp gives following error

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'test@premier-beds.co.uk', Server: 'mail.premier-beds.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

i have allowed the option that my server require authentication. Do help me please, how can u fix this issue.

waiting for quick reply.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You need to check your exim mainlog for errors when you try and send email. It would also help to know which OS you're running.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. xeonex

xeonex Well-Known Member

i am having the same error Number: 0x800CCC0E
    on a 2.4.21-37.ELsmp the only thibg that we had changed is the mailconversion

4. sunilkg

sunilkg Member

Verify the functioning of SMTP server on your server by issuing the following command in a shell.

-----------------------------------------
    ]# telnet mail.yourdomain.com 25
    ----------------------------------------