The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

smtp load balancing

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by afallison, Mar 25, 2011.

1. afallison

afallison Registered

i setup a server with whm/cpanel with the intention of making it simple to add/remove/edit the massive amount of ip's i've been allocated. the goal is to simply connect to one server which relays to all my individual cpanel accounts. so if i send 1,000 emails, and i have 10 accounts with different domains/ips, it will distribute 100/emails per ip/domain.

i was attempting to install 'balance' (Inlab Software GmbH - Balance), however i cannot seem to get this configured correctly. i get "bind(): Address already in use" errors and i believe this has something to do with exim. i know balance is not supported by cpanel, but i'm hoping someone has setup a configuration similar to this.

i guess my question is which is the best way to set this up? would just a round robin dns setup do the trick? absolutely any feedback would be appreciated at this point.

2. afallison

afallison Registered

i have figured out the issue. self explanatory really. you can't balance a port already in use. i simply binded localhost to port 26 and it works fine.